About Haven Mortgage Advisers Ltd (Haven)
Haven Mortgage Advisers Limited (FSP767954) is a Financial Advice Provider that holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice services.
You can find us listed on the Financial Service Providers Register at fsp-register.companiesoffice.govt.nz.
The conditions of our licence allow us to provide financial advice services related to our specialist area of home lending only.
Haven works with you to determine your home lending needs and works with the banks and lenders to recommend the lending products and solutions that best fit your circumstances and requirements.
Providers we work with
Haven works with the following banks and lending institutions:
- Liberty Financial
- SBS Bank
- Prospa NZ
- Bluestone Mortgages
- Avanti Finance
- Pepper Money
- Southern Cross Partners
How we are paid
In place of an upfront fee, Haven and/or directly related companies are paid a commission by the providers for arranging the lending on your behalf.
How we manage conflicts of interest and put your interest first
All of the services Haven offers are provided free of charge to our clients. This is because we are paid by the lending providers when one of their products is taken up on the back of our recommendation.
Although we are paid by the providers, we always put your interests first:
- We let you know any limitations of the service we offer
- We explain how and why the recommended lender meets your individual needs over other providers we work with
- We identify and disclose the maximum level of commission we may get on the back of our recommendation
- If our recommendation involves replacing any existing lending, we will explain the advantages that provides such as overall cost savings
- We provide a written summary that explains the process we undertook to arrive at your final lending solution
- Haven completes internal and external reviews of our advice process to ensure we follow a thorough review process that puts client interest first
Under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, it is the duty of Haven Mortgage Advisers Limited and our advisers to:
- meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (Code of Conduct), which form part of the wider regulatory regime for financial advice and ensure we have the expertise necessary to provide you with advice; and
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to ensure that the advice given to you is not materially influenced by our own interests or the interests of any other person connected with the giving of advice; and
- exercise care, diligence, and skill that a prudent person engaged in the occupation of giving related financial advice would in the same circumstances; and
- meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct, to treat you as we should and to provide you with suitable advice
What if something goes wrong
We value the ability of our clients to provide feedback about the service they have received as well as the opportunity to put it right when they are unhappy with any aspect of our service.
If you would like to raise concerns about the service you have received, we have an internal complaint process that we will follow when we receive your formal complaint.
Our internal process involves:
- Requesting your complaint in writing
- Acknowledging the receipt of your complaint within 2 working days of receiving it
- Investigating your concerns by speaking with all the involved parties and reviewing all the documentation we hold on file
- Providing a formal written response within 28 days of acknowledging your concerns
If you would like to make a complaint, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of our internal complaints process, you are able to escalate it to our dispute resolution scheme:
Scheme: Financial Dispute Resolution Service
Address: Freepost 231075
PO Box 2272
Telephone number: 0800 337 337
Email address: email@example.com
They are an independent dispute resolution service provider that helps resolve complaints about financial service providers, free of charge.