Do you know…
What provider you are with?
What type of fund you are in?
Why you chose that fund?
What percentage contribution you are making?
What your prescribed investor rate is?
If you answered no to any of these questions, you could be missing out on the full benefits of a KiwiSaver scheme – that could be the difference of tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars at retirement!
A Haven adviser can provide information on the different funds in the market so you can make better-informed decisions about what’s right for you.
How much could you save?
These graphs are for illustrative purposes only to help you understand how different investment choices may affect KiwiSaver savings. The figures and data may not reflect actual returns and balances. The calculator assumes a minimum starting salary of $35,000. Please note that returns may be negative for any given period and will fluctuate due to investment and other risks. This includes the risk of not getting back all of the money that you put in.
These graphs are not intended to convey personalised advice and we recommend speaking with an Authorised Financial Adviser if you would like personalised KiwiSaver advice.
The figures used in these graphs are based on assumptions consistent with those used on sorted.org.nz (based on July 2019 assumptions) and are as follows:
- There is the option to have the balances adjusted to take into account inflation. This is based on a rate of 2% so that results are shown in today’s dollars.
- Employer contributions of 3% of the stated before-tax salary are taken into account after deduction of employer’s superannuation contribution tax at the current applicable rates.
- Government annual contributions are applied based on the current contribution of 50 cents for every dollar of member contributions up to a maximum of $1,042.86 per annum.
- Salaries will increase by 3.5% each year (1.5% increase plus 2% for inflation).
- You do not take any savings suspensions.
- No amounts are withdrawn for any purpose
- The gross returns used are based on the average 5 year returns for each fund time per annum (p.a.) from sorted.org.nz 01/04/14 – 31/03/2019.
- The fees used in the calculation are based on the 5 year average fee for each fund type as a percentage from sorted.org.nz 01/04/14 – 31/03/2019.
- All calculations are based on annual member and employer contributions.
- PIR rate used assumes 2 consecutive years of the current annualised salary.
- All figures are based on a PIR rate of 28%. The assumed rate of return used for each fund type choice is outlined below. These returns are after all fees and taxes
|Fund Type||Investment Return (per annum)|
To be eligible, you must be 18 years or older and and mainly live in New Zealand. If you don’t meet these requirements for the full MTC year, the maximum amount you’ll get will be based on the time you are eligible for.
Tap to read assumptions
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR KIWISAVER